Friday, July 6, 2007

steps

when i walk,
i do not step on the cracks on the ground,
if i am paying any attention at all.
and when i accidentally try to take a longs stride
over a crack and i come up short,
i find myself upset for a second or two.
i also like to step over the cracks with the opposite
foot that i stepped over the last one with.
right, left (over the crack), right, left, right (over the crack).
do you you get what i'm saying?
to insure that the proper results are obtained
it sometimes can look like this:
right, left(over the crack), right, left,
right (stutter step), left, right (over the crack).
i have harbored this obsessive complusive
action since i was in elementary school.

does anyone else do weird things like this?

also, i found this video:

8 comments:

Hayden Copes said...

hahaha. yes. i totally do that. also, when i was in drumline, i would HAVE to be in step with someone i was walking with (like i had to match their "left, right, left, right"). it was a weird habit, but i broke it

David Hughes said...

definitely do that. it seems like it works fine for about 2 or 3 panels and then you have to take either a big step or a baby step to finish off a panel.

David T. Ulrich said...

sometimes i do this same thing. not in an obsessive way - just for fun when im bored. i used to do it whenever i'd walk from school to church, except i try to get all right lefts with an occasional prance to catch up my feat.

i also usually put my left shoe on before my right... does that count?

jessie estupinan said...

You know all the different shape tiles on the floor of most malls? They consist of mainly rectangles, and larger squares...I find myself walking only on rectangle ones or only the squares. This is probably a result of me as a child with my little friends saying,"If you step on the big ones, that's lava and you're dead!" Therefore, I find my self stutter stepping, only to avoid a specific kind of tile.....I wonder what others may see when I am walking across the mall?

Songbird. said...

Oh my goodness I get teased all of the time for this! Like when I am walking up stairs if I suddenly skip a stair I have to skip a step the rest of the way up, and if I forget or don't do it, I get so obsessive sometimes that I walk back down the stairs and start all over.

Carson Leith said...

that beard guy's legit.

i wanna find out how the tab to that song.

de(von)licious said...

david hughes is so right, you can just walk, but then one panel ands up messing it up,

and on the way to school always, people make fun of me, becuase sometimes, i have to like bend my foot,

weird

Unknown said...

I do the same in public places. But then I find myself concentrating to hard then I run into someone.